OPPO has announced the newest member of the A series – the OPPO A57.
The A37 was unveiled back in June and it was made available in the Philippines just a couple of days after. But that was on the low to mid-range specturm. The new A57 is meant to compete in the mid-range arena, alongside the F1s.
There are several differences, specifically in the screen and processor. The OPPO A57 has a smaller 5.2-inch 720p 2.5D arc screen and a Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset on the inside. The RAM and storage are the same with the original F1s at 3GB and 32GB, respectively. On the camera, it has a 13-megapixel front shooter while the back has a 16-mgapixel sensor.
It’s also LTE and dual SIM capable, and it runs on a more recent version of Android with 6.0 Marshmallow. As usual, the company’s own ColorOS sits on top of Android to give the OPPO ecosystem.
OPPO A57 Specs
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow, ColorOS
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 5.2-inch HD IPS 2.5D Arc Curved Glass Display, 1280 x 720 pixel resolution, ~282ppi
- 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 octa-core processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- 4G LTE, VoLTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- 13-megapixel rear camera with phase detection autofocus, f/2.2 aperture and LED flash
- 16-megapixel front-facing camera
- Fingerprint scanner
- GPS, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 149.1 x 72.9 x 7.65 mm
- Weight: 147g
- 2900mAh battery
The design is reminiscent of any other recent OPPO smartphones with an all metal casing. The color options are gold and rose gold only.
UPDATE: Official SRP is Php11,990. More details here.
OPPO A57 will be available in China beginning December 12 for a price of CNY 1,599 ($231) or approximately Php11,500. It’s not yet known if this handset will reach other markets, but it’s very likely considering the quick arrival of its little brother to other countries.