The OPPO A92 was just released in Malaysia as the company’s latest midrange offering.
However, it appears that the OPPO A92 isn’t an entirely new device. It shares a lot of similarities with the OPPO A72 that came out in China a few weeks back.
The A92 features the same 6.5-inch FHD+ IPS display, with ultra-thin bezels that were made possible by putting the 16-megapixel selfie camera inside a punch-hole at the top left of the screen.
On the back, we have the familiar rectangular camera bump that houses four cameras. There’s the 48-megapixel main shooter, 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and two obligatory 2-megapixel sensors for monochrome and depth sensing.
Under the hood, the OPPO A92 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor. It skips the MediaTek Dimensity 800 chipset, 5G connectivity, and 120Hz display of the OPPO A92s.
The processor is aided by a generous 8GB of RAM, 128GB of storage, and a 5,000mAh battery with an apt 18W fast charger.
Update (6/24/20, 11:18AM): OPPO A92 Review and PH price
The OPPO A92 has a price of MYR1,199 (~Php14,000) and will go on sale in Malaysia starting May 9. Pre-order happens from May 4 to 8 and comes with a free wireless speaker and 1 year extended warranty. Its price and availability in the Philippines and other markets are yet to be announced.
OPPO A92 Specs
- Android 10, ColorOS 7.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.5-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~404ppi
- TUV Rheinland Eye protection certification
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel punch-hole front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.7) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (monochrome) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Stereo speakers
- Hi-Res audio, DIRAC
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, BDS, Galileo, GLONASS
- USB Type-C
- Colors: Twilight Black, Shining White
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging