Another Reno device was announced for 2019. Meet the new OPPO Reno 3 Pro.
Launched alongside the Reno 3, the OPPO Reno 3 Pro offers a bunch of fancy features, inside a new body that’s a departure from its predecessors’ design.
For starters, it now comes with a punch-hole screen for its 32-megapixel selfie camera. No more shark’s-fin pivot pop-up mechanism that devices like the Reno 2 have.
The screen itself is one of the main attractions here. The OPPO Reno 3 has a large 6.5-inch FHD+ OLED screen. Other than the cutout on the top left for the camera, the panel has a fast 90Hz refresh rate with a 180Hz touch detection rate. This shall make the device feel faster and snappier.
Speaking of speed, the OPPO Reno 3 Pro is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor. It should handle most workload fine, despite its mid-range status. But its key selling point is 5G connectivity, making the OPPO Reno 3 Pro futureproof.
Just like the Reno 3, the Pro model will come with a 4,025mAh battery with support for the latest VOOC 4.0 fast-charging that comes with 30W of output.
Oh, and of course, there’s the quad-camera setup on the back. There’s the 48-megapixel main shooter, 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and a 2-megapixel mono sensor. We also have a 13-megapixel telephoto camera. It’s not as impressive as the periscope-style lens that the Reno 10x Zoom has, as it only comes with 5x hybrid zoom.
The OPPO Reno 3 Pro is made for those who want to own a flashy smartphone. Which is why it also comes with stereo speakers. Plus, a Pantone Classic Blue option, which is hailed as the color of the year for 2020. It even comes with matching Blue box and accessories.
OPPO Reno 3 Pro Specs
- Android 10, ColorOS 7
- Dual SIM
- 6.5-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~402ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5, HDR10, DCI-P3
- 93.4% screen-to-body ratio, TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light Certification
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G octa-core processor
- 128GB/256GB internal storage
- 32-megapixel front camera, f/2.4
- 48-megapixel (Sony IMX586, f/1.7, OIS), 13-megapixel (5x hybrid zoom), 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2.), 2-megapixel (mono) rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash
- Stereo speakers
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 159.4mm x 72.4mm
- Weight: 171g
- Colors: Sunrise, Blue Starry Night, Moonlight Black, Misty White, Pantone 2020 Classic Blue
- 4,025mAh non-removable battery, 30W VOOC 4.0 fast charging support
The OPPO Reno 3 Pro will have a starting price of CNY3,999 (~Php29,00) for the 8GB/128GB model, while the 12GB/256GB will be at CNY4,499 (~Php32,700).
Meanwhile, the OPPO Reno 3 Classic Blue Pantone 2020 model will retail or CNY4,199 (~Php30,500) and will come with an 8GB/128GB configuration. Their pricing and release details in the Philippines are yet to be known so stay tuned for that.