OPPO launched not one, not two, but three Reno line-up just in one year. The newest ones were launched before the 2019 ended, and one of them is the OPPO Reno 3.
Just like its bigger brother, the also-new OPPO Reno 3 Pro, OPPO has phased out the sharks-fin pop-up camera for the Reno 3. Instead, we’re getting the traditional waterdrop notch for its 32-megapixel selfie camera, on top of its large 6.4-inch AMOLED screen.
OPPO has also switched to a more common design on the back, from the unique look that its predecessors have. There’s the quad-camera setup on the top left and the OPPO logo on the bottom right. The new color gradient options are also a departure from the Reno’s previous design perspective.
The best part is, the OPPO Reno 3 comes with 5G connectivity out of the box. This is thanks to its latest MediaTek Dimensity 1000L octa-core processor. That’s coupled with up to 12GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
OPPO is also introducing the latest VOOC 4.0 fast-charging on the new Reno 3 devices. It will now come with 30W (from 20W) of power output, which can go to 0% to 50 in just 20 minutes.
Since this a device geared to flourish in 2020, the OPPO Reno 3 will ship with the latest Android 10 with OPPO’s ColorOS 7 interface on top.
OPPO Reno 3 specs
- Android 10, ColorOS 7
- Dual SIM
- 6.4-inch AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~441ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 (front and back)
- MediaTek Dimensity 1000L octa-core processor (5G)
- MediaTek Helio P90 octa-core processor (4G only)
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- Mali-G77 GPU
- 128GB internal storage
- 32-megapixel dewdrop front camera (5G)
- 44-megapixel (4G only)
- 5G model : 64-megapixel (f/1.8, OIS), 8-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide), 2-megapixel (mono), 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, PDAF, OIS, LED flash
- 4G model: 48-megapixel (f/1.8) + 13-megapixel (telephoto, 2x optical zoom) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (mono) rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 160.2 mm x 73.3 mm x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 170g
- Colors: Starry Night Blue, Sunrise, Black, White
- 4,025mAh non-removable battery, 30 VOOC 4.0 fast-charging support
Update 3/23/20: Added specs for the international/Philippine model.
The OPPO Reno 3 will retail for CNY3,399 (~Php24,700) for the 8GB/128GB model, while the 12GB/128GB variant will be at CNY3,699 (~Php26,900).
It will be available in China starting December 31, while its pricing and availability here in the Philippines are yet to be announced.