At long last, Realme has finally come up with a proper flagship device. Meet the brand new Realme X2 Pro.
Clearly, Realme wants to put their name next to some of the bigger names in the industry. Just like most flagship devices today, the Realme X2 Pro is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus processor.
It looks like Realme knows their way around making high-end smartphones as the X2 Pro also comes with other fancy features. For one, it has a large 6.5-inch OLED screen. It may only have an FHD+ resolution, but it does have HDR10+ support, DCI-P3 coverage, and a fast 90Hz display that could effectively mirror the capabilities of its powerful processor.
To further maximize the Snapdragon 855 Plus’s potential, the device also has HyperBoost 2.0 and Touch Boost 2.0 optimization features. This shall provide even better performance in gaming and other basic tasks.
Another highlight of the Realme X2 Pro is its quad-camera setup on the back. It starts with the new 64-megapixel Samsung GW1 sensor. That’s the same shooter found on other Realme devices like the Realme XT.
This one will use a 4-in-1 pixel binning technology, which allows you to take brigther and better 16-megapixel snaps.
Next stop, we have a 13-megapixel telephoto lens that provides 2x of organic zoom. We also have the usual inclusions like an 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens that doubles as a macro shooter, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. However, neither of the four cameras have optical stabilization. Talk about missed opportunities.
See also: Realme 5 Pro Review
The party doesn’t stop there. The Realme X2 Pro has a 4,000mAh non-removable battery. That may look standard for any smartphones today, but what’s new here is its 50W SuperVOOC fast charging support. It easily outshines the 40W and 45W charger that most of the competition has.
Realme has also added some noteworthy extras. There’s the in-display fingerprint scanner, a complex Tactile Linear Motor for haptic feedback for more immersive gaming. There’s also the Ultra-Linear stereo speaker setup for better audio output.
Realme X2 Pro Specs
- Android 10, ColorOS 6.1
- Dual SIM
- 6.5-inch Super AMOLED display, FHD+, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~404ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 90Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, DCI-P3
- 2.96GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus octa-core processor
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 64GB(UFS 2.1)/128GB/256GB (UFS 3.0) internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (Samsung GW1 sensor, f/1.8) + 13-megapixel (2x telephoto, f/2.5) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, macro, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras
- [email protected], 960fps slow-mo
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- Tactile Linear Motor
- Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Headphone jack
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Dual-frequency GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161 x 75.7 x 8.7mm
- Colors: White, Blue, Gray Master Edition, Red Master Edition
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 50W SuperVOOC fast charging
The Realme X2 Pro has a retail price of CNY2,699 (~Php19,700) for the 6GB/64GB model, CNY2,899 (~Php21,200) for the 8GB/128GB, and a huge jump to CNY3,299 (~Php24,000) for the 12GB/256GB variant.
There’s also the Realme X2 Pro Master Edition. It has the same set of features. But this time, it has a matte design (available in Gray and Red), which was sketched by renowned industrial designer, Naoto Fukasawa. It’s only available in a 12GB/256GB model for the same price.
The Realme X2 Pro’s release date in the Philippines is yet to be announced. But considering that this is a first from the company, there’s a huge chance that it will arrive here soon.