Redmi K30i 5G has been a topic of discussion for a while now, starting off as rumor of what’s to expect and more recently becoming a real thing—albeit not something that the manufacturer may seem too proud of, considering its rather stale advertising.
From the outset, the Redmi K30i is not too different to the Redmi K30 which Xiaomi launched last year.
Even under the hood, the two products are not necessarily a stray apart, with the only notable difference being the camera. Unlike the Redmi K30’s back camera that comes with a 64-megapixel sensor, the Redmi K30i gets a downgrade by getting a primary camera with only a 48-megapixel sensor in it.
Xiaomi Redmi K30i 5G Specs
- Android 10, MIUI 11
- Dual SIM, Hybrid
- 6.67-inch FHD+ LCD display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~394ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5, HDR 10, 120Hz refresh rate
- 2.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G 5G octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Adreno 620 GPU
- 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, expandable up to 256GB
- 20-megapixel + 2-megapixel punch-hole front cameras
- 48-megapixel (f/1.9) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 5-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, PDAF, dual-tone flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Super Linear speakers
- 4G LTE, VoLTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- Dual-frequency GPS, A-GPS, BDS, Glonass, Galileo
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 165.3 x 76.6 x 8.79mm
- Weight: 208g
- Colors: Purple, Red, Blue, White
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, 30W fast charging
Just as previously reported, the Redmi K30i comes with a single variant, consisting of 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. Color scheme-wise, though, the product is available in four unique flavors, namely white, purple, blue, and red.
As of writing, the Redmi K30i is already up for pre-order which can be bought with a price tag of 1,899 yuan (roughly ~Php13,400 before taxes) at JD.com. The Redmi K30i’s official launch date is June 2, 2020.