The Samsung Galaxy M30s was just unveiled, and it’s made for power users who want a smartphone that lasts long.
We just saw the Galaxy M30 making its way to the Philippines. But if you haven’t gotten your hands on that yet, then there are enough reasons for you to wait for the Samsung Galaxy M30s instead.
One of the main highlights of this device is its whopping 6,000mAh battery. That’s a step up to the already impressive 5,000mAh capacity that its predecessor has.
Samsung also upgraded the Exynos 7904 processor to an Exynos 9611 chipset on this one. You can get it with either 4GB/64GB or 6GB/128GB of RAM and storage configurations.
We’re also seeing major improvements in the camera department. The Samsung Galaxy M30s now has a 48-megapixel primary camera, accompanied by an 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and a 5-megapixel depth sensor.
The display remains the same. We have a 6.4-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED screen, with an Infinity-U notch on top that houses its 16-megapixel selfie camera.
See also: Samsung Galaxy M20 Review
Samsung was also able to improve the design on the Galaxy M30s. It’s now available in Opal Black, Sapphire Blue, and Pearl White — all of which have subtle color gradient designs as the reflections react to light. Just like what we saw on the Galaxy A50.
Samsung Galaxy M30s Specs
- Android 9 Pie, Samsung One UI
- Dual SIM
- 6.4-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~411ppi
- 2.3GHz Exynos 9611 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 1TB
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/2.0, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (ultra wide) + 5-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED Flash
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Weight: 188g
- Colors: Opal Black, Sapphire Blue, Pearl White
- 6,000mAh non-removable battery, 15W fast charging
Just like the previous Galaxy M devices, India will get first dibs on this device. The Samsung Galaxy M30s will start at a price of INR13,999 (~Php10,200) for the 4GB/64GB model and INR16,999 (~Php12,400) for the 6GB/128GB variant.
They will go on sale on September 29, while its pricing and availability in the Philippines are yet to be announced.