Besides 5G connectivity, we’re seeing a surge of flagship smartphones with ultra-fast displays and 8K video recording coming out this year. One of those devices is the new Sharp Aquos R5G.
It may not arrive outside Japan, but the new Sharp Aquos R5G can definitely compete with popular flagships today like the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra.
This thing boasts a large 6.5-inch QHD+ IGZO display with a fast 120Hz refresh rate. This will make it feel faster, especially with its Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor. It’s bundled with 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.0 storage.
It also comes with a quad-camera setup on the back. There’s the 12-megapixel primary shooter and 12-megapixel telephoto lens, both come with optical image stabilization. A ToF sensor is also present, as well as a 48-megapixel ultra-wide camera that’s capable of 8K video recording.
However, the 3,730mAh battery is a bit uninspiring. You can check the full specs list below.
Sharp Aquos R5G Specs
- Android 10
- 6.5-inch Pro IGZO QHD+ display, 3168 x 1440 pixel resolution, ~535ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate
- 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 octa-core processor
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Adreno650 GPU
- 256GB internal storage, expandable via microSDXC up to 1TB
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 12-megapixel (f/1.8, OIS) + 12-megapixel (telephoto, OIS) + 48-megapixel (ultra-wide, 8K recording) + ToF rear cameras
- Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision
- IP68 water and dust resistant
- 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax
- Bluetooth 5.1
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162 x 75 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 189g
- Colors: Blue, White, Black
- 3,730mAh non-removable battery
The company is yet to announce the price and availability details of the Sharp Aquos R5G. Although it’s expected to hit the shelves in Japan in the coming months.