Sony outs a new addition to their midrange line. The Sony Xperia XA2 Plus comes with a decent pair of specs and will join the Xperia XA2 and Xperia XA2 Ultra family.
Just like the first models that came out, the Sony Xperia XA2 Plus is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor, with either a 4GB/32GB or 6GB/64GB configurations.
The screen is identical to the XA2 Ultra as it also has a 6-inch FHD+ screen with an 18:9 aspect ratio. Sony is one of those companies who is still trying to skip the display notch, which I think is a win for us.
There’s also a 3,580mAh battery on the inside. However, it has less impressive camera specs than the XA2 Ultra, which makes it more affordable than that variant, but still way superior to the base model XA2.
With the XA2 Plus, you’re getting an 8-megapixel selfie camera with a wide-angle lens. While on the back there’s a 23-megapixel MotionEye primary shooter. It might not shoot 960fps videos like Sony’s other high-end devices, but it can do decent 120fps slow-motion clips.
Sony Xperia XA2 Plus Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- Dual SIM, hybrid
- 6-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2180 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~405ppi
- 18:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card up to 400GB
- 8-megapixel front camera, 120-degree wide-angle, f/2.4
- 23-megapixel MotionEye rear camera, f/2.0, LED flash
- 120fps slow-motion recording
- LDAC, ClearAudio+, DSEE HX
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, Beidou
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 157 x 75 x 9.7mm
- Weight: 206g
- Colors: Black, Gold, Silver, Green
- 3,580mAh non-removable battery, Quick Charge 3.0, Qnovo Adaptive Charging
The Sony Xperia XA2 will come in August, and by then, Sony might already have the price for us.