Sony has finally made its 18:9 smartphone available in the Philippines.
The Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra was first introduced in CES 2018 earlier this year. It is one of Sony’s first attempt in the new 18:9 screen trend. However, it doesn’t look like every other smartphone out there. Instead, the company carried its roots — the edgy, boxy corners and huge bezels on the top and bottom of the screen.
Selfies are really important for consumers especially here in the Philippines, so Sony equipped the Xperia XA2 Ultra with two cameras with optical image stabilization in front. Under the hood is a Snapdragon chipset together with a roomy 4GB of RAM.
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 6-inch Full HD IPS Corning Gorilla Glass Display,1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~367ppi
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 octa-core processor
- Adreno 508 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB internal storage
- Expandable storage up to 256GB via microSD
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi hotspot
- HSPA+, LTE
- 16-megapixel sensor f/2.0 OIS + 8-megapixel dual front camera with autofocus
- 23-megapixel rear camera, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- USB Type-C
- Fingerprint scanner
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Dimensions: 163 x 80 x 9.5mm
- Weight: 221g
- Colors: Blue, Gold, Black, Silver
- 3580mAh Li-Ion battery
The Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra has a price of Php22,990 and it’s now available for purchase in Sony kiosks and MemoXpress stores nationwide. At this price point, it’s set to compete with the Zenfone 5 2018 and Nokia 7 Plus.