Sony is launching a new premium version of its flagship Xperia XZ2 which was first announced in February.
Almost two months after, the Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium is now official and it is packed with more features. First stop, it has the impressive high-resolution 4K HDR screen, which is a big step up from the Full HD+ of the regular XZ2.
Another highlight is its dual-camera system which is said to have an extremely high sensitivity that can take photos even in complete darkness.
In layman’s terms, the Xperia XZ2 Premium is a beefed up version of the regular XZ2 in every aspect. Design-wise, it’s the same glass back and curvy edges with the addition of upgraded internals.
Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- Single/Dual SIM, nano
- Display (XZ2): 5.8-inch 4K HDR LCD Corning Gorilla Glass 5 display, 16:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB UFS internal storage, expandable via microSDCX up to 400GB
- 13-megapixel 1/3.06-inch front camera, low-light sensor
- 19-megapixel Motion Eye dual rear camera, 1/2.3-inch sensor, LED flash
- 51200 max ISO for photos, 12800 max ISO for video
- 4K HDR video recording, 960fps slow-motion
- IP65/68 water resistant
- 4G LTE Cat. 18
- WiFi, WiFi hotspot Miracast
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB 3.1 Gen 1
- Fingerprint scanner
- GPS, GLONASS, A-GNSS
- Dimensions: 80mm x 158mm x 11.9 mm
- Weight: 236g
- Colors: Liquid Silver, Liquid Black, Ash Pink, Deep Green
- 3450mAh battery
- Qnovo adaptive charging, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Wireless Charging
As for the price, Sony is yet to reveal it as of the moment. The Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium will be available by summer of this year, but there’s no exact release date set.
Source: Sony Mobile