Another brand takes advantage of the trusty MediaTek Dimensity 700 CPU to offer a budget-friendly 5G smartphone. This time, it’s TCL, who just launched the TCL 20 R.
Besides the processor and 5G connectivity, everything else about the TCL 20 R is something you’d expect from an entry-level device.
It comes with a 6.52-inch HD+ screen but does have a smooth 90Hz refresh rate.
It’s coupled with a 4,500mAh battery, instead of the standard 5,000mAh, and 10W charging instead of the more common 10W.
The cameras are nothing too interesting either but should be enough to do the job. The 13-megapixel main camera is joined by two 2-megapixel sensors and a fingerprint scanner on the back. The camera on the front was not mentioned, but it could only by 5-megapixels or 8-megapixels.
On the upside, TCL pledges three years of quarterly security updates and a sure upgrade to Android 12.
TCL will start selling the 20 R in select European markets before September ends. It will then be available in the Netherlands this October for EUR179 (around Php10,600). Weather or not it will arrive in the Philippines is yet to be known.
TCL 20 R Specs
- Android 11, TCL UI
- Dual SIM, Dual standby, Hybrid
- 6.52-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, 269ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling, 500-nits
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Mali-G57 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- ?-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (PDAF) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Colors: Blue, Black
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, 10W charging