A couple of months ago, Vivo unveiled the iQOO 3 5G in Tornado Black, Volcano Orange, and Quantum Silver. Apparently, the company wants to add more flavor to its line-up by introducing the new iQOO 3G Transofrmers Limited Edition smartphone.
This version is pretty identical to the original iQOO 3. In fact, they share the same hardware inside. On the outside, there’s a new Autobots logo below the iQOO branding. There’s also a text that says “Monster Inside”.
The special paint job on the back has a carbon fiber look, although you won’t be able to feel it because it’s underneath the glass back panel. There’s also a gold color accent on the volume rocker as well as the L-shaped quad-camera setup. Meanwhile, the power button is painted orange.
To make it stand out, the iQOO 3 5G Transformers Limited Edition is packed with special wallpapers, icons, and interactive interfaces to improve the Transformers experience.
It will also come with a special retail box that comes with a charger and protective case slapped with Transformers branding.
Unlike other releases, the Vivo iQOO 3 5G Transformers edition will only come with a single 12GB RAM + 128GB storage variant. Pricing is currently unknown, but the company says that it will be available for purchase in China beginning June 1, 2020.
Based on the original pricing of the iQOO 3, a similar configuration costs CNY3,798 or around Php27,000. But of course, the Transformers partnership probably costs a fortune, so we expect a significant premium over the regular model.
We don’t know if this phone will ever reach the Philippines, but we’re guessing the gray market is our best bet.
Vivo iQOO 3 Transformers Specs
- Android 10, iQOO UI 1.0
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 6.44-inch Super AMOLED Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~409ppi
- 2.84GHz 7nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 octa-core processor
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage
- 4G LTE, 5G
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Wi-Fi hotspot, dual-band
- 48-megapixel f/1.8 primary + 13-megapixel f/2.5 + 13-megapixel f/2.2 + 2-megapixel f/2.4 aperture, LED flash
- 16-megapixel f/2.5 wide front-facing camera
- Bluetooth 5.1, USB Type-C
- GPS, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 74.9 x 9.2 mm
- Weight: 214.5
- 4,400mAh non-removable battery