It looks like Vivo is getting lazy in coming up with new names for their releases as we’re getting yet again a new Vivo Y51.
Last September, we got the first Vivo Y51 of the year. It had a 6.38-inch screen, Snapdragon 665, and a similar design to the S1 Pro. A few months later, we get to see a new Vivo Y51 model with a different set of specs and appearance.
As you can see, it has a sunrise reflection on the back and a camera design that’s similar to the Vivo V20 series. The triple-camera setup consists of a 48-megapixel main shooter, 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and 2-megapixel macro.
There’s a 6.58-inch FHD+ LCD screen on the front, a 5,000mAh battery to keep the lights on, and an 18W fast charging via USB-C. Also, unlike the earlier Y51 model, the fingerprint scanner was moved to the side of the screen. Albeit, the Snapdragon 665 CPU, 128GB of storage, and 16-megapixel front-facing cameras were kept.
The Vivo Y51 is available in Indonesia for IDR3,599,000 (around Php12,200) and is now available for pre-order until December 7 on Shopee.
Vivo Y51 late-2020 Specs
- Android 10, Funtouch OS 11
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.58-inch FHD+ ISP display, 2408 x 1080 pixel resolution, 401ppi
- P3 gamut
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 octa-core processor
- 8GB of RAM
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 1TB
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2)+ 2-megapixel rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.86 x 75.32 x 8.38mm
- Weight: 188g
- Colors: Titanium Sapphire, Crystal Symphony
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging