Xiaomi has just launched a new addition to their Mi 9 line-up. Here we have the new Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite, and it’s positioned in the lower midrange segment.
Actually, the Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite is just the global version of the Mi CC9 that was launched in China back in July.
This one is an even more toned-down and option to the Mi 9 SE and Mi 9T. The Mi 9 Lite has a more traditional dewdrop notch on its 6.39-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED screen.
On the upside, it’s still powered by a capable Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 octa-core processor, has a roomy 6GB of RAM, and can be bundled with up to 128GB of fast UFS 2.1 storage.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite sports a triple camera setup on the back, led by a 48-megapixel primary shooter. Battery life shouldn’t be an issue as it comes with 4,030mAh of capacity with 18W fast charging support.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Specs
- Android 9 Pie, MIUI 10
- Dual SIM
- 6.39-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Adreno 616 GPU, Game Turbo 2.0
- 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 32-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 48-megapixel (f/1.79) + 8-megapixel (ultra wide) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash
- AI scene detection, 4K @ 30fps, 960fps slow-mo
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Single loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 156.8 x 74.5 x 8.67mm
- Weight: 179g
- Colors: White, Black, Blue
- 4,030mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite will be available for reservation in Europe starting September 20, 2019. The 4GB/64GB model is priced at EUR319 (~Php18,400), while the 6GB/128GB variant is at EUR349 (~Php20,200). Do note that European prices are usually higher than in other markets. We’ll just have to wait for Xiaomi Philippines to announce the official prices here in the Philippines.