Xiaomi has finally unveiled their latest flagship smartphone — the Xiaomi Mi 9. This is after they have spoiled everything and revealed almost all of its specs and details in numerous teasers posted on their social media pages.
As what everyone already knows, the Xiaomi Mi 9 is powered by the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor. You can get it with either 6GB or 8GB of RAM, and 128GB of storage. An Explorer Edition option is also available, which will come with a whopping 12GB RAM and 256GB of internal storage.
The Mi 9 also has the Game Turbo feature, which will make sure that the chipset is in top condition to provide even better performance when playing games.
Another key feature of this device is its killer camera system. It brags a 48-megapixel primary shooter. And unlike the Redmi Note 7, it actually has a better Sony IMX586 sensor with a Quad Bayer filter.
Xiaomi also added a 16-megapixel camera with an ultra-wide lens, and a 12-megapixel one with a telephoto glass that provides a 2x telephoto glass.
On the front, there’s a tiny waterdrop notch that houses a 20-megapixel camera for selfies. This is also used for the device’s AI face unlock security feature.
Speaking of security, the Xiaomi Mi 9 sports an in-display fingerprint scanner. It’s embedded in its 6.39-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED screen that’s protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6.
Xiaomi also highlights the Mi 9’s 20W wireless charging, which is said to be the fastest in the industry today. It also has a pretty decent 27W wired charger, too. These charging technologies will help you fill up its 3,300mAh battery.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Specs
- Android 9 Pie, MIUI 10
- Dual SIM
- 6.39-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6, HDR10
- 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 2.1, non-expandable
- 20-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 48-megapixel (Sony IMX586, f/1.7) + 16-megapixel (ultra wide-angle) + 12-megapixel (2x optical zoom) triple rear cameras, LED flash
- 960fps slow-mo video
- In-display fingerprint scanner, AI face unlock
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, 2×2 MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo
- IR Blaster
- Dimensions: 157.5 x 74.67 x 7.61mm
- Weight: 173g
- 3,300mAh non-removable battery, 27W Quick Charge 4, 20W fast wireless charging
The Xiaomi Mi 9 will have a retail price of CNY2,999 (~Php23,200) for the 6GB/128GB variant, the 8GB/128GB at CNY3,299 (~Php25,500), while the Explorer Edition with 12GB/256GB configuration will be at CNY3,999 (~Php30,900).
It’s official pricing and availability here in the Philippines is yet to be announced. But considering that Xiaomi’s local arm is actively promoting this device way before it was even released, it may arrive here in no time.