Staying true to their mission on bringing the best product at honest prices, Xiaomi just announced the new Mi Play. A smartphone designed to be worth every single penny that you’d be paying or it.
With a retail price of only CNY1,099 (~Php8,500), the new Xiaomi Mi Play is built to deliver your daily connectivity needs, plus a more. The most interesting part is, the device comes with free 10GB of data per month in China.
It brags a large 5.85-inch FHD+ screen, with a 19:9 aspect ratio and a waterdrop-like notch on top.
The hardware inside is understandably underpowered. It’s rigged with the new MediaTek Helio P35 octa-core processor, with 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, and an IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU.
On the upside, it will ship with Android 9 Pie with MIUI 10 interface out of the box.
It will also have a dual 12-megapixel + 2-megapixel cameras on the back with AI scene detection. While on the front we have an 8-megapixel sensor for selfies.
Xiaomi Mi Play Specs
- Android 9.0 Pie, MIUI 10
- Dual SIM
- 5.84-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2280 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~342ppi
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio P35 octa-core processor
- 4GB LPDDR4X RAM
- IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 12-megapixel (f/2.2) + 2-megapixel dual rear cameras, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Dimensions: 147.76 x 71.89 x 7.8mm
- Weight: 150g
- Colors: Blue, Black, Red
- 3,000mAh non-removable battery
It’s still not clear if the Xiaomi Mi Play will be available in other markets, especially here in the Philippines. But if it indeed makes it here, I highly doubt that the 10GB/mo data freebie will be included.