The Xiaomi Redmi 8 was just made official, and it’s for those who are looking for a capable low-end smartphone.
For a starting price of INR7,999 (~Php5,800), you’re already getting a device with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 processor octa-core processor, a large 5,000mAh battery, and even a fast 18W charging support with USB Type-C connectivity.
It even has a unique “Aurora Mirror” reflective design on the back, with a dual-camera setup. While on the front it’s protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Although it only has a 6.22-inch HD+ display.
The Xiaomi Redmi 8 is now available in India for a starting price of INR7,999 (~Php5,800) for the 3GB/32GB model, and INR8,999 (~Php6,500) for the 4GB/64GB.
Its official pricing and availability in the Philippines are yet to be announced. In the meantime, you can check out its bigger brothers from the Redmi Note 8 series.
Xiaomi Redmi 8 Specs
- Android 9 Pie, MIUI 9
- Dual SIM
- 6.22-inch HD+ IPS display, 1520 x 720 pixel resolution, ~270ppi
- 1.95GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 octa-core processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 12-megapixel (f/1.8) + 2-megapixel rear cameras, Dual-PD, LED flash
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- 4G LTE
- WiF 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Wireless FM radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 156.48 x 75.41 x 9.4mm
- Weight: 188g
- Colors: Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red, Onyx Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging support (10W charger included)