Xiaomi’s sub-brand, Redmi, has announced the follow-up to their most popular smartphone line with the new Xiaomi Redmi Note 8.
The successor to the famous Redmi Note 7 will try to have the same appeal that its predecessor has. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 will have a capable processor and set of cameras, without breaking the back.
Obviously, this is a toned-down version of the also-new Redmi Note 8 Pro. Still, it has a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 octa-core processor. You can pair it with up to 6GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable storage.
Another big thing about this device is its quad-camera setup on the back. It uses a 48-megapixel ISOCELL GM2 sensor as its primary shooter. Aided by an 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens, 2-megapixel macro camera, and a depth sensor.
The battery is no slouch, too. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 will come with a 4,000mAh battery with 18W of fast-charging support via USB Type-C.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Specs
- Android 9 Pie, MIUI 10
- Dual SIM
- 6.39-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 13-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 48-megapixel (ISOCELL GW2, f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- Headphone jack
- Water splash coating
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.4 x 75.6 x 9.3mm
- Weight: 198g
- Colors: Blue, Black, White
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging
The XIiaomi Redmi Note 8 will start at CNY999 (~Php7,300) for the 6GB/64GB model, CNY1,199 (~Php8,700) for the 6GB/128GB, and CNY1,399 (~Php10,200) for the top-of-the-line 6GB/128GB variant.
Its official pricing and availability in the Philippines are yet to be announced, so stay tuned for that.