Xiaomi has introduced a bunch of new devices in its Redmi sub-brand. One of them being is the Xiaomi Redmi 8A.
The Xiaomi Redmi 8A has tons of similarities to the Redmi 8. But this time, some features were stripped down to achieve that more affordable price tag.
Its main difference between the Redmi 8 is seen on the back. The 2-megapixel depth sensor is now gone, although it still has the same 12-megapixel primary camera. Also, you’d be solely relying on its face unlock as they’ve removed the rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Other than that, everything is pretty much the same. The Xiaomi Redmi 8 is still powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 octa-core processor, with 2GB of RAM, and 32GB of expandable storage.
There’s also the large 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging support. The surprising part is, Xiaomi was able to cram in a USB Type-C port and a Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Features that we never thought we’d see on a device at this price.
Speaking of which, the Xiaomi Redmi 8A is now available in Mi Authorized stores for a price of Php5,490 (2GB/32GB). If you want something more, you can also check out the Redmi 8.
Xiaomi Redmi 8A Specs
- Android 9 Pie, MIUI 9
- Dual SIM
- 6.22-inch HD+ IPS display, 1520 x 720 pixel resolution, ~270ppi
- 1.95GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 octa-core processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 12-megapixel rear camera, f/1.8, Dual-PD, LED flash
- Face unlock
- P2i Splashproof
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Wireless FM radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 156.48 x 75.41 x 9.4mm
- Weight: 188g
- Colors: Sunset Red, Ocean Blue, Midnight Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging support (10W charger included)