Not long before it became official abroad, the Xiaomi Redmi 8 has already made its way in the Philippines.
For a quick recap, the Xiaomi Redmi 8 features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 octa-core processor, with up to 4GB of RAM, and 64GB of expandable storage.
There’s a 6.22-inch HD+ screen on the front, an 8-megapixel front camera for selfies, and a 12-megapixel and 2-megapixel dual rear cameras for aspiring photographers.
The best part is, it has a generous 5,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging support. We also have a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, which used to be missing in devices at this caliber.
You can get all those features in the Xiaomi Redmi 8 for a starting price of Php6,490 for the 3GB/32GB model. There’s also the 4GB/64GB variant for Php6,990. It’s now available in Mi Authorized stores, including the also recently launched Redmi 8A.
Xiaomi Redmi 8 Specs
- Android 9 Pie, MIUI 9
- Dual SIM
- 6.22-inch HD+ IPS display, 1520 x 720 pixel resolution, ~270ppi
- 1.95GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 octa-core processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 12-megapixel (f/1.8) + 2-megapixel rear cameras, Dual-PD, LED flash
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- 4G LTE
- WiF 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Wireless FM radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 156.48 x 75.41 x 9.4mm
- Weight: 188g
- Colors: Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red, Onyx Black
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging support (10W charger included)