Redmi just unveiled the new Redmi K20 series, with the vanilla Xiaomi Redmi K20 model offering toned-down specs for a more affordable price tag.
Unlike the flagship K20 Pro, the Xiaomi Redmi K20 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 processor. It also has a dialed down 48-megapixel Sony IMX 582 primary camera on the back, although the 8-megapixel telephoto and 13-megapixel ultra wide shooters were kept.
Moreover, it will have the same 6.39-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED screen that the Pro model have. Xiaomi also kept the in-display fingerprint scanner on the Redmi K20, as well as the 4,000mAh battery (although it only charges at 18W instead of 27W).
The Xiaomi Redmi K20 will come with the same 20-megapixel levitating selfie camera on the top, which allowed the company to achieve that impressive screen-to-body ratio.
Those who are in China can get the Xiaomi Redmi K20 starting June 1. It will have a retail price of CNY1,999 (~Php15,100) for the 6GB/64GB model, while the 6GB/128GB variant will be at CNY2,099 (~Php15,900).
Its official pricing and release details here in the Philippines are yet to be announced so stay tuned for that.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Specs
- Android 9 Pie, MIUI 10
- Dual SIM
- 6.39-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- NTSC 103.8 %, HDR support, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Adreno 618 GPU, Game Turbo 2.0
- 64GB/128GB/256GB internal storage
- 20-megapixel pop-up selfie camera, f/2.2
- 48-megapixel (Sony IMX 582, f/1.75) + 8-megapixel (2x zoom) + 13-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.4) rear cameras, PDAF, Laser focus, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE, VoLTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0
- dual-band GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, BDS, A-GPS
- Headphone jack
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 74.3 x 8.8mm
- Weight: 191g
- Colors: Carbon Black, Flame Red, Glacier Blue
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W charger