Xiaomi is yet again making the Redmi Note 5 more affordable. This is probably to give way on some of their newer releases, like the Redmi Note 6 Pro.
Just a few weeks ago, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 has been discounted to Php9,495 (3GB/32GB) and Php10,995. But now, this midrange device is getting another price cut as the 4GB/64GB model is now only Php10,590. Although, the lower-end model will stay at Php9,495.
That makes the top-of-the-line model Php1,490 cheaper from its original price when it launched in the Philippines back in May.
In addition, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Special Edition will also be getting a price cut. The handset now costs only Php10,995, which is almost Php1,000 cheaper from its original price of Php11,990.
With their new prices, the Redmi Note 5 is now one of the most appealing devices to get in this category. As stated in our full review, this device offers great performance, capable cameras, and long battery life for the price.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, MIUI 9.5
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (hybrid)
- 5.99-inch FHD+ IPS Corning Gorilla Glass display, 2160 x 1080 resolution, ~439ppi
- 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 octa-core processor
- Adreno 509 GPU
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card
- 13-megapixel front camera, LED flash
- 12-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual rear cameras, PDAF, f/2.2, dual-tone flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE, VoLTE
- WiFi, WiFi hotspot
- GPS, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 158.6 x 75.4 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 181g
- Colors: Black, Blue, Gold, Rose Gold, Flame Red
- 4,000mAh battery, 5V/2A charging support