In an event in New York last April, Acer announced the new Predator Helios 300 series. Their new line of laptops that isn’t unnecessarily crazy. And now, we have the Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-571 in the country.
The Helios 300 G3-571 packs everything you might expect on a gaming laptop. It might be situated at the mid-range category, but it still is pretty ripped. This machine brags 7th-Gen Intel processors and either 4GB/8GB memory that can go up to 32GB. This makes it appealing not just for gamers, but also with video editors and other creatives.
The Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-571 is also rigged with a Pascal-based NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, backed with 6GB of GDDR5 RAM. Such powerful GPU is more than enough to push games on its 15.6-inch Full HD IPS display.
Sadly, this system only runs inside a 2.5-inch 5400RPM hard disk drive. The omission of a fast solid-state drive might have been necessary to fit it into the mid-range category.
The Helios 300 will also have the same gamer look design. The laptop is complete with metal chassis, and a lot of red accents from the iconic lid, air vents, and the non-RGB backlit keyboard.
Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-571 Specs
- Windows 10
- 15.6-inch Full HD IPS display, 1920 x 1080 resolution, ~141ppi
- Intel Core 7th-Gen i5-7300HQ (2.5GHz)/i7-7700HQ (2.8GHz) processors
- 4GB/8GB DDR4 RAM, expandable via 2x soDIMM up to 32GB
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 6GB GDDR5 VRAM
- 1TB 2.5-inch HDD, 5400rpm
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2×2 MIMO
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Dolby Audio Premium, Acer TrueHarmony Plus
- 2x built-in speakers
- HD webcam
- Ports: USB-C 3.1, USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, HDMI 2.0, 3.5 headphone/mic jack
- SD card reader
- Dimensions: 390 x 266 x 26.75mm
- Weight: 2.7kg
- 48Wh 4-cell Li-Ion battery, 15.2V
The Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-571 is now available in Villman for Php66,996 (Intel Core i5/4GB RAM) and Php76,992 (Intel Core i7/8GB RAM).
While its pricing is still noticeably steep, trust me when I say that this thing is a “midrange” gaming laptop. For comparison, ASUS’ ROG machines can go up to Php209,995. Also, Acer’s own Predator Triton 7000 retails at around Php150,000 when it arrives sometime in August.