Whether you are already a working professional for years or a fresh graduate searching for your first job, it’s important to know that the Philippine Regulatory Commission (PRC) must be renewed.
In case you are not familiar with it, the PRC is required in order for a Filipino to practice his profession legally. This license must be renewed every three years. In the past, the renewal was done manually. But thanks to technology, you can now do it online (or at least a part of it).
Table of Contents
- PRC license requirements and eligibility
- Preparation for PRC online registration and appointment
- PRC Online Registration Procedure
- How to claim your PRC ID
- Renewing your PRC ID online
PRC license requirements and eligibility
- You must be a Filipino citizen.
- You must be at least 18 to 21 years of age.
- You must have a clean record of good moral character; this also means not having been convicted of any crime or offense in the past.
- You must have attained a degree coming from a school or university that is officially recognized by the Philippine government.
Preparation for PRC online registration and appointment
What are the basic things you need to have when getting your PRC ID online?
- One valid ID
- Personal information which includes your date of graduation
- Mobile number
- Email address
- ID picture in JPEG format
Upon your appointment, you must now present the following documents:
- Printed Oath Form (this can be downloaded via PRC Online Services)
- Two copies of passport-sized photos on a white background with your full name tag
- Two sets of metered documentary stamps
- Community Tax Certificate
PRC Online Registration Procedure
Now that you’ve prepared the requirements for online registration; here are the next steps:
1. Go to online.prc.gov.ph to access the PRC Online Services page.
2. Click on “Register” and make sure to read the Terms and Conditions before hitting that “I Agree” button.
3. An online form should appear. Fill this up honestly with the personal information needed.
4. Create a password and click on the CAPTCHA check box.
5. Click on the “Register” button to proceed with your registration.
Set up your PRC online profile
Okay, great, you have now officially registered. Next is to set up your online profile:
1. Upon revisiting the Online Services website, log in using your registered email and password.
2. It will then ask you for your personal details. Once done, just click on “Save Information” and hit the “Next” buttons.
3. You will be asked to upload your ID picture. Upload it using the JPEG format.
4. Tap the “Select Transaction” button, then click on the “Initial Registration” option.
5. Find and choose your profession.
6. Enter your application number and click on “Proceed.”
Scheduling your PRC appointment online
These steps will now guide you on how to set up your appointment once you’ve done the preliminary registrations:
1. Select the PRC branch you want to set an appointment with on the dropdown menu then click on “Proceed.”
2. Check your preferred appointment details and make sure that you’ve thoroughly checked the date and time.
3. Once everything’s alright, you may now book your appointment and pay the initial PRC registration fee. You will also be asked to review your transaction summary here.
4. Click the “Submit” button.
5. Pay your transaction using any of these payment methods:
- Credit Card, Debit Card
- In person at PRC cashier
6. Once your transaction has been confirmed, print the Oath Form.
How to claim your PRC ID
Once you have successfully completed everything above, congratulations, it’s time to claim your PRC ID. But how?
1. On your appointment schedule, go to the PRC branch you selected.
2. From there, head on to the Customer Service Center.
3. Get two documentary stamps: one for your Oath form and the other for your Registration Certificate.
4. Submit the Oath Form once it’s your turn and sign on the registry sheet. Submit also your other requirements.
5. You should now be able to get the ID claim slip which will indicate the date you are able to claim your ID.
6. On the specific date mentioned on the slip, go to the PRC branch and attend the mass oath-taking.
7. Submit the claim slip to be able to get your PRC ID and Registration Certificate. You can receive these within the day.
- Philippine National ID: How to Register, Requirements, FAQs
- How to get a driver’s license with 10-year validity in the Philippines
- How to track PhilSys National ID delivery
Renewing your PRC ID online
As previously mentioned, your PRC ID has to be renewed to continue legally practicing your profession. So, here’s how to do it, starting with the required documents you should bring:
- Printed copy of answered application PRC form
- One passport-sized photo on a white background with name tag
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) units accomplished
For authorized representatives:
- Valid ID of the professional and representative
- Special Power of Attorney
For PRC-registered professionals acting as representatives:
- PRC ID
- Authorization Letter
Please take note that the following professions listed below are also required to have an updated certification of good standing issued by the Accredited Professional Organization (APO):
- Guidance and counseling
- Environmental planning
- Electronics engineering
- Respiratory therapy
- Electrical engineering
- Aeronautical engineering
- Real estate services
- Customs brokers
- Geodetic engineering
- Agricultural and biosystems engineering
- Landscape architecture
- Interior design
The process in renewing your PRC ID is actually similar to when you initially wanted to obtain your first ID. That said, you can also do this PRC renewal process online.
This wraps up the guide to getting and renewing your PRC ID online. Remember that to continue practicing your profession, the PRC plays an essential role. Come and get yours to keep enjoying a fruitful and productive day at work.