Nokia just unveiled a new addition to their affordable Asha line-up with the Nokia Asha 210. This cute looking mobile phone is designed for people who love to hang out on their favorite social networks and chat with their friends through its bubbly QWERTY keyboard.
As usual, the Nokia Asha 210 inherits the lively colors of its other Asha siblings as its one of the most attractive selling point of a feature phone. The handset comes pre-loaded with WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, and email support so you get all your typical social feel on a smartphone – but that’s a whole other experience. In any case, if all you care about is posting updates and the like, then the Asha 210 might be enough for you.
In order to chat almost instantly, the Nokia Asha 210 also has a dedicated WhatsApp button which launches the app wherever you are on the phone. There is also a dedicated button in front for its 2-megapixel camera and it will work even if the screen is locked so you will never miss an important shot that you want to capture.
Nokia Asha 210 also comes with self-portrait feature which will guide you to be sure that you are in the frame of the shot. After taking the photo, you can immediately edit it as you please until you’re satisfied that it’ll get enough likes on Facebook to make you happy. Or if you’re not interested in showing it in public, then you can also opt to use Nokia’s ‘Slam Technology’.
Nokia Asha 210 Specs
- Display size: 2.4 ”
- Display resolution: QVGA (320 x 240)
- Pixel density: 169 ppi
- SW Platform: Series 40
- RAM: 32 MB
- Expandable memory card type: MicroSD
- Maximum memory card size: 32 GB
- Main camera sensor: 2 MP
- Camera resolution: 1600 x 1200 pixels
- Main camera focus type: Fixed focus
- Camera digital zoom: 4 x
- Carl Zeiss Tessar lens: No
- Camera video resolution: QCIF (176 x 144)
- Camera video frame rate: 10 fps
- Camera video zoom: 4 x
- Video playback frame rate: 10 fps
- Charging connectors: 2.0 mm Charging Connector
- AV connectors: 3.5 mm audio connector
- System connectors: Micro-USB-B
- USB: USB 2.0, USB mass storage
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- GSM network: 1800 MHz, 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1900 MHz
- GSM max data speed DL: EGPRS 236.8 kbps
- GSM max data speed UL: GPRS 85.6 kbps
- Battery model: BL-4U
- Battery capacity: 1200 mAh
It will come in both Single SIM and Dual-SIM variants like other earlier Asha models. Just like other feature phones, the Nokia Asha 210 w0n’t disappoint you in the battery life category with its 1200mAh. It looks like this is the rightful successor to the Nokia Asha 200 which we reviewed before and as the name implies, it did bring a several improvements.
The Nokia Asha 210 will come in white, black, cyan, yellow, and magenta and it will go on sale for a price of around $72 this Q2 of 2013. We’ll update you once we get more concrete details on its availability and release date.