The Philippines got first dibs on the OPPO F5 Youth when it was launched last month. And now, OPPO is bringing it in China as the OPPO A73.
With that said, the OPPO A73 will share the same characteristics that the F5 Youth has. Just like the latter, the A73 will come as a toned-down version of the OPPO F5 (review).
We’re still getting the same 6-inch FHD+ display with its tall 18:9 aspect ratio. It also has the same MediaTek Helio P23 octa-core processor, however, the RAM capacity has been bumped up to 4GB.
The internal storage is still at 32GB, and the 16-megapixel on the front and 13-megapixel cameras on the back are still here. It’s also equipped with OPPO’s AI-Beauty feature and facial recognition.
OPPO A73 Specs
- Android 7.1 Nougat, ColorOS 3.2
- Dual SIM
- 6-inch FHD+ LTPS display, 2160 x 1080 resolution, ~402ppi
- 2.5GHz MediaTek Helio P23 octa-core processor
- 3GB RAM
- Mali-G71 GPU
- 32GB of internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 16-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 13-megapixel rear camera, f/2.2, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Gold, Black
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 76 x 7.5mm
- Weight: 152g
- 3200mAh battery
The OPPO A73 retails in China for a price CNY1,699 (around Php13,000). Its pricing and availability in the Philippines are yet to be known. But considering that we already have the OPPO F5 Youth, there’s a big chance that it won’t ever make it here.