Samsung beat everyone to the punch when they announced the Galaxy A8s — the very first smartphone to ever come with an in-display front-facing camera.
The company didn’t immediately announce the pricing of this device upon launch. But now, we finally have that important information.
JD.com, a Chinese online retailer, is selling the Samsung Galaxy A8s for a price of CNY2,999 (~Php23,000). That’s for the 6GB/128GB model, while the SRP for the 8GB variant is yet to be announced.
The device is now live in China. However, its official pricing and availability in other markets, especially here in the Philippines, are yet to be announced.
Samsung Galaxy A8s Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, Samsung Experience UI
- Dual SIM
- 6.4-inch FHD IPS display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~402ppi
- 19:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 24-megapixel Infinity-O front camera, f/2.0
- 24-megapixel (f/1.7) + 10-megapixel (telephoto, f/2.4) + 5-megapixel (depth sensor) triple rear cameras, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 158.4 x 74.9 x 7.4mm
- Weight: 173g
- Colors: Blue, Gray, Green
- 3,400mAh battery, fast charging