Microsoft just released their final test version (Release Preview) of their forthcoming WIndows 8 OS several days ago for their eager fans to test. Do you want to try it out? Drooling to taste the latest? Wait, I’ll first share some reminders given by Microsoft so you won’t be disappointed when you encounter some conflicts while using it.
First, even though the Windows 8 Release Preview is open for everyone to download – Microsoft recommends that only those experienced PC users who knows how to get out of trouble when there are problems like:
- Some of data/files may be corrupted
- Other hardware doesn’t work
- Some software that might not work or install as desired
Anyhow, if that kind of possible bugs doesn’t bother you, proceed to the next checklist:
- It is ok for you to update your system frequently
- You can troubleshoot your PC problems
- You can reinstall your previous operating system in case something goes wrong
- You’re comfortable making back ups of files in your hard drives and formatting it if necessary
Now, let’s have a rundown of the Windows 8 System Requirements:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
- To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch.
- To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768.
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768.
- Internet access (ISP fees might apply)
[important]NOTE: If you have a computer running Windows 7, the Windows 8 will definitely fit in to that too.[/important]
For a guide, download Windows 8 Release Preview guide here (English only). Ok, so if you’ve assessed all those points above and you feel like your fit to try it – download it here. As an alternative, here is the download link for the ISO Image file.