Just a few days after Xiaomi released the blockbuster Redmi Note 7 in the Philippines, the company just announced that they will also be bringing their latest flagship device in the country, the Xiaomi Mi 9.
The local product launch for the Xiaomi Mi 9 will happen on March 30 at the brand’s latest store at the 3rd Floor of the Lucky China Town Mall in Binondo, Manila.
With the tagline “48MP. Details Matter.” the company wants to highlight the device’s strong camera features that are being led by its 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 primary shooter, which is backed by a 16-megapixel ultra-wide angle camera, and a 12-megapixel telephoto sensor. This device even passed DxOMark’s tests with flying colors.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 also brags other flagship specs like a Snapdragon 855 processor, a 6.39-inch Super AMOLED screen with HDR10, Corning Gorilla Glass 6, and an in-display fingerprint scanner.
With the local smartphone scene becoming more competitive, we’re excited to see how much this device will cost. That’s something we’ll find out in the coming days.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Specs
- Android 9 Pie, MIUI 10
- Dual SIM
- 6.39-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6, HDR10
- 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 2.1, non-expandable
- 20-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 48-megapixel (Sony IMX586, f/1.7) + 16-megapixel (ultra wide-angle) + 12-megapixel (2x optical zoom) triple rear cameras, LED flash
- 960fps slow-mo video
- In-display fingerprint scanner, AI face unlock
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, 2×2 MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo
- IR Blaster
- Dimensions: 157.5 x 74.67 x 7.61mm
- Weight: 173g
- 3,300mAh non-removable battery, 27W Quick Charge 4, 20W fast wireless charging