After the successful launch of the Redmi Note 7 in the Philippines, it looks like Xiaomi is ready to launch a new Redmi smartphone in the country.
Xiaomi Philippines just posted a video that teases the arrival of a new Redmi device in the country. And considering that the company already confirmed that the Redmi Note 7 Pro will never make a local debut, we might really see the more affordable Xiaomi Redmi 7 instead.
For those who are unfamiliar, the Redmi 7 will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 octa-core processor, has a 6.26-inch HD+ display, and a large 4,000mAh battery. That’s a pretty sweet combo for a device at this price.
Speaking of which, we’re excited to see how Xiaomi will position the Redmi 7 in the market. The Redmi Note 7 is already incredibly cheap with a starting price of Php7,990, and we expect the Redmi 7 to be much cheaper.
The official release details for the Redmi 7 in the country are yet to be announced, but we expect it to arrive in the coming weeks so be on the lookout for that.
Xiaomi Redmi 7 Specs
- Android 9.0 Pie, MIUI 9
- Dual SIM
- 6.26-inch HD+ IPS display, 1520 x 720 pixel resolution, ~268ppi
- 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 octa-core processor
- 2GB/3GB/4GB RAM
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 16GB/32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 12-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual rear cameras, PDAF, f/2.2, LED flash
- AI scene detection, Portrait mode
- Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM Radio
- Infrared blaster
- Dimensions: 158.73 x 75.58 x 8.47mm
- Weight: 180g
- Colors: Red, Blue, Black
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 5V/2A charger