Since their early days, Doogee has been coming up with budget-friendly smartphones that have cool-looking designs and features, in an attempt to catch the attention of the masses. And with the new Doogee S70, the Chinese company will be sticking to their strategy.
From what it looks like, the Doogee S70 is the first rugged gaming smartphone. We have seen a few other gaming smartphones before. Some of them boast an aggressive gamer look.
That same character is also present in the S70. It has distinct aesthetics with sharp corners and accents. But since it is a rugged phone, the device looks really chunky and bulky with its 13.6mm thickness.
The device is built on an IP68 and MIL-STD-810G certified body. So it can really take some beating, just like its predecessor. The 5.99-inch FHD+ screen is also glove friendly. It also has a dedicated button to enable the Game Mode, which basically blocks any incoming notifications that may disturb you while gaming.
Doogee also created a dedicated gamepad for the S70, so you can play games with better precision. The company also added a metal sheet on the back for cooling which, as what they claim, can lower the temperatures by 7℃.
As for the rest of the specs, the Doogee S70 comes with a MediaTek Helio P23 octa-core processor. It’s backed with a generous 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. There are a 16-megapixel camera on the front and a 12-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual cameras on the back.
The device is powered by a large 5,500mAh battery, complete with a 24W fast charger and wireless charging capability. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box.
Doogee S70 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- Dual nano SIM
- 5.99-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2160 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4, Glove friendly
- 2.5GHz MediaTek Helio P23 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Mali-G71 MP2 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 16-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 12-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- IP68/69K water and dust resistant, MIL-STD-810G
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- Dimensions: 171.8 x 80.8 x 13.6mm
- Weight: 278.3g
- Colors: Mineral Black, Imperial Red, Fire Orange
- 5,500mAh non-removable battery, 24W fast charger, Wireless charging
The Doogee S70 price and availability are yet to be announced as it will run through an IndieGoGo campaign.