Huawei just unveiled its latest foldable phone, the Huawei Mate Xs.
The Huawei Mate Xs is basically a more refined version of the Mate X that was launched last year. It shares the same “Falcon Wing” design, with a tablet-like 8-inch screen surrounding it. Fold it inwards for a sleeker, all-screen 6.6-inch screen. While on the back there’s a smaller 6.38-inch screen, with the quad-cameras on the back.
It uses an identical camera to the P30 Pro. There’s the 40-megapixel SuperSensing primary shooter, 8-megapixel telephoto, 16-megapixel ultra-wide, and a ToF depth sensor. You can also use these cameras for selfies thanks to the display on the back.
The biggest upgrade here over the previous Mate X is the processor. The Huawei Mate Xs now comes with a Kirin 990 5G, the latest processor found on the Mate 30 5G. It also sports an impressive 55W SuperCharge that can refill its 4,500mAh batter in no time.
We don’t expect this device this advanced to come cheap. That’s why the Huawei Mate Xs, with an 8GB/512GB configuration, will retail for USD2,499 (~Php127,700). That’s around Php138,000 when directly converted to Philippine pesos. It will be available globally next month
Huawei Mate Xs Specs
- Android 10, EMUI 10
- 8.0-inch AMOLED display, 2480 x 2200 pixel resolution, ~414ppi (unfolded)
- 6.6-inch AMOLED display, 2480 x 1148 pixel resolution, ~414ppi (folded, front)
- 6.4-inch AMOLED display, 2480 x 892 pixel resolution, ~427ppi (folded, back)
- 2.86GHz Kirin 990 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Mali-G76 MP16 GPU, GPU Turbo
- 256GB UFS internal storage
- 40-megapixel + 16-megapixel (ultra wide) + 8-megapixel (telephoto) + ToF depth sensor rear cameras
- 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Type-C
- 4,500mAh battery, 55W Huawei SuperCharge