Smartphones in the midrange category are a huge hit in most emerging countries. Some of these devices are proven to be good alternatives to the flagship offerings as they pose great value for the price.
So, in an attempt to get a piece of the pie, LG is pushing to release new products under this price category. We just saw the Q Stylus series last June. But now, the company is back at it again with the LG Q8 2018.
It highlights a 6.2-inch FullView display, with a 2160 x 1080 pixel resolution. It is then being powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 octa-core processor, with 4GB of RAM, and 64GB of expandable storage.
The camera setup was also been drastically downgraded from the V35 ThinQ. With the LG Q8 2018, we’re only getting a 5-megapixel selfie camera and a single 16-megapixel rear shooter.
On the upside, the handset gets to have IP68 water resistance and is MIL-STD 810G compliant. These kind of durability features are starting to become a norm to LG devices. Also, the Q8 2018 has DTS:X 3D sound and Quad DAC for the ultimate listening experience.
LG Q8 2018 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- Single/Dual SIM
- 6.2-inch FullView IPS display, 2160 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~389ppi
- 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 2TB
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 16-megapixel rear camera, PDAF, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- IP68 dust/water resistant, MIL-STD 810G certified
- DTS:X surround sound, HiFi Quad DAC
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 160.1 x 77.1 x 8.4mm
- Weight 172g
- Colors: Aurora Black, Moroccan Blue
- 3,300mAh Li-Po non-removable battery, Quick Charge 3.0
The LG Q8 2018 retails in South Korea for KRW539,000 (~Php25,400). Official pricing and availability for the global market, especially here in the Philippines, are yet to be announced.
Source: LG Korea