Along with the Meizu V8, V8 Pro, and 16X, Meizu has also announced the Meizu X8.
Unlike the Meizu 16X, the Meizu X8 doesn’t have an in-display fingerprint sensor. Instead, it’s equipped with a traditional fingerprint scanner located on the back. Face unlock is also in tow, so there are multiple options in securing the phone.
Running the Meizu X8 is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 SoC with an option between 4GB and 6GB of RAM, as well as 64GB and 128GB of onboard storage. It has a slightly bigger 6.2-inch 1080p+ 18.5:9 aspect ratio display and a high 89.6% screen-to-body ratio. Side bezels are only 1.7mm thin and the chin is a little bit bigger at 4.8mm.
In terms of cameras, the Meizu X8 features a 12-megapixel primary camera that comes with dual-tone LED flash and a 5-megapixel depth-sensing sensor for potrait shots. For selfies, there’s a 20-megapixel shooter.
Meizu X8 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, Flyme OS
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 6.2-inch Full HD+ Display, 2220 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~401ppi
- 2.2GHz Snapdragon 710 10nm octa-core processor
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB / 128GB UFS 2.1 internal memory
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz)
- HSPA+, Dual 4G VoLTE
- 12-megapixel + 5-megapixel rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.9 aperture, Dual PD focus, 1.4μm pixel size, Sony IMX362/Samsung 2L7 sensor
- 20-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Type-C
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Dimensions: 151.2 × 74.6 × 7.8 mm
- Weight: 160 g
- Colors: White, Black, Blue
- 3210mAh battery with mCharge fast charging
Here are the pricing for the different configurations of the Meizu X8.
- 4GB + 64GB – CNY 1,598 (~Php12,600 / USD 233)
- 6GB + 64GB – CNY 1,798 (~Php14,200 / USD 262)
- 6GB + 128GB – CNY 1,998 (~ Php15,800 / USD 292)