The highly-anticipated Realme X has finally made its debut in China, and it’s easily the most lavish smartphone that the company has come up with to date.
The Realme X has a slew of similarities to the Realme 3 Pro, but with big improvements in some areas to up the ante. One of the biggest ones is the upgrade to a 6.5-inch FHD+ AMOLED panel, which enabled its in-display fingerprint scanner.
Realme was also able to achieve a good 91.2% screen-to-body ratio by eliminating the notch, and implements a pop-up selfie camera, just like what the OPPO F11 Pro has. This mechanism houses a 16-megapixel sensor for self-portraits.
Its biggest upgrade over the Realme 3 Pro is the cameras on the back. The Realme X brags a 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 camera, which is the same sensor found on the more expensive OnePlus 7 Pro. There’s also the 5-megapixel depth-sensor for the portrait mode effects.
The Realme X will be juiced up by a 3,765mAh battery with VOOC 3.0 fast charging support.
- Android 9 Pie, ColorOS 6
- Dual SIM
- 6.53-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~394ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 91.2% screen-to-body ratio
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB/8GB RAM
- Adreno 616 GPU
64GB/128GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 48-megapixel (Sony IMX586, f/1.7) + 5-megapixel rear cameras, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Dolby Atmos
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161.2 x 76 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 191g
- Colors: Steam White, Punk Blue
- 3,765mAh non-removable battery, VOOC 3.0
The Realme X will be available in China for a price of CNY1,499 (~Php11,400) for the 4GB/64GB model, CNY1,599 (~Php12,200) for the 6GB/64GB, and CNY1,799 (~Php13,700) for the 8GB/128GB.
Its official pricing and availability details in the Philippines are yet to be known. But since its smaller brother, the Realme X Lite, is basically a rebranded Realme 3 Pro, we might get this device locally with a different name. Let’s just wait and see.
is this really not going to be released in the ph? im sooo tempted to buy the china version..but would you recommend to wait a month?