There had been an emerging design trend on smartphones these days. Ignited by the Huawei P20 series, handsets with color gradient back panels have become a huge hit in the market.
From what it looks like, more and more companies are trying to be part of the bandwagon. For one, Samsung is releasing a new color option for their midrange device — the Samsung Galaxy A9 Star.
Launched exclusively in China a few months back, the Galaxy A9 Star will have a new variant that taunts a blue and purple color gradient on the back. A look that noticeably resembles the Huawei P20 Pro‘s Twilight model.
As for the rest of the specs, the Samsung Galaxy A9 Star appears to be a rebranded version of the Galaxy A8 Star, which sports a 6.3-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED screen and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor.
Related: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 now in the Philippines
Samsung Galaxy A9 Star comes with a pixel-dense 24-megapixel selfie camera, just like most midrange smartphones in China. While on the back there is a 16-megapixel + 24-megapixel dual-camera setup.
Since this is a China-exclusive device, we may never see it coming here in the Philippines. However, we can surely expect future releases from Samsung to have this gradient color design.
Samsung Galaxy A9 Star Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo, Samsung Experience
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 6.3-inch Full HD Super AMOLED Infinity display, 2160 x 1080 pixel resolution
- 2.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 400GB
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/ b/g/n/ac (Dual-band 2.4GHz+5GHz)
- HSPA+, LTE Cat.9 voLTE
- 16-megapixel f/1.7 + 24-megapixel f/1.7 rear cameras, LED Flash
- 24-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- Fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock
- NFC, Bluetooth 5.0 LE
- USB Type-C
- Dolby Atmos
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou
- Dimensions: 162.4 x 77.0 x 7.6 mm
- Colors: White, Black
- 3,700mAh non-removable battery