Vivo would usually hold a grandiose event when launching a new smartphone. But now, it looks like the company is skipping the fireworks when they discreetly introduced two new devices.
First, we had the Vivo Y95, a device that sprung out around Facebook before Vivo actually announced it. And now, we have the Vivo Z1 Lite, a new midrange smartphone that was subtly introduced from the company’s Chinese website.
As for the specs itself, the Vivo Z1 Lite sports a 6.26-inch FHD+ IPS display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 octa-core processor, 4GB of RAM and 32GB of expandable storage. That’s a more toned-down hardware when compared to its bigger brothers, the Vivo Z1 and the Z1i.
On the front, we have a 16-megapixel selfie camera. While on the back we have a 16-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual camera setup. Of course, the device is packed with AI scene detection, AI face beauty, and other software novelty features.
To keep it juiced up, the Z1 Lite comes with a 3,260mAh battery. Vivo is also pushing their Jovi virtual assistant on this device.
Vivo Z1 Lite Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, FunTouch OS
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.26-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2280 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 16-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 16-megapixel + 2-megapixel rear camera, f/2.0, LED flash
- AI scene detection, AI face beauty
- Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Jovi assistant
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Dimensions: 154.81 x 75.03 x 7.89mm
- Weight: 149.3g
- Colors: Red, Black, Aurora Blue
- 3,260mAh non-removable battery
Just like their other Z-series devices, we don’t expect the Vivo Z1 Lite to arrive here in the Philippines. But if really want to get one, the device is available in China for CNY1,098 (~Php8,400).