The Xiaomi Mi A3 was just made official, and it’s actually what we thought it would be.
As previously thought, the Xiaomi Mi A3 is indeed the global model of the Mi CC9e that was announced a few weeks back.
It has the same 6.08-inch OLED display with an in-display fingerprint scanner and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. However, the resolution is only at 1560 x 720 pixels.
The Mi A3 may have an underwhelming display, but it does have a jam-packed camera system. It brags a 48-megapixel primary sensor, a secondary 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 2-megapixel depth-sensor. A 32-megapixel selfie snapper is then found on the front.
The device is then powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 octa-core processor, with 4GB of memory, and an option between 64GB and 128GB of fast UFS 2.1 storage. There’s also a 4,030mAh battery on the inside, with 10W fast-charging support.
Xiaomi Mi A3 Specs
- Android 9 Pie
- Dual SIM
- 6.08-inch HD+ Super AMOLED display, 1560 x 720 pixel resolution, ~282ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Adreno 610 GPU, Game Turbo 2.0
- 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 32-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 48-megapixel (f/1.79) + 8-megapixel (ultra wide) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash
- AI scene detection, 4K @ 30fps, 960fps slow-mo
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Single loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 153.48 x 71.85 x 8.47mm
- Weight: 173.8g
- Colors: White, Black, Blue
- 4,030mAh non-removable battery, 10W fast charging
The Xiaomi Mi A3 will be initially available in Spain on July 24, with pre-orders starting now. The 4GB/64GB model is priced at EUR249 (~Php14,300), while the 4GB/128GB variant is at EUR279 (~Php16,000).
As for the global version of the Mi CC9, it’s still not clear if a Mi A3 Pro device is coming out soon. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.