Xiaomi has a new budget offering with the latest Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T
The company subtly announced the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T alongside the highly-anticipated 108-megapixel Mi Note 10.
It’s basically the same as the Redmi Note 8, but this time, it now has NFC. Also, the initial model did have 18W fast charging support but didn’t come with an 18W wall adapter in the box. That’s now been addressed on the Redmi Note 8T
Other than that, the Redmi Note 8T still runs on the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor that can be partnered with up to 4GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable storage.
There’s also the quad-camera setup on the back led by a 48-megapixel primary shooter and an 8-megapixel ultra-wide. A 6.39-inch FHD+ IPS screen is seen on the front, while on the inside it’s juiced by a 4,000mAh battery.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T will be available in Europe for a price of EUR179 (~Php10,000) while the 4GB/128GB variant will be at EUR249 (~Php13,900).
Its release details here in the Philippines are yet to be announced. But if having NFC is not a big deal, and you can outsource an 18W fast charger, you can get the Redmi Note 8 instead, which is now available in the Philippines.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T Specs
- Android 9 Pie, MIUI 10
- Dual SIM
- 6.39-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 13-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 48-megapixel (ISOCELL GW2, f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- Headphone jack
- Water splash coating
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164.4 x 75.6 x 9.3mm
- Weight: 198g
- Colors: Blue, Black, White
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charger included