Google is really getting really serious in entering the PC market. Back in March, the company debuted their productivity-centric Chrome OS with the Acer Tab 10. But now, Google is following it up with their own Pixel Slate hybrid.
As what you might expect from a 2-in-1 computer, the Google Pixel Slate offers the portability of a regular tablet, with an improved productivity prowess with the help of a detachable keyboard and a proprietary stylus.
The Pixel Slate is compatible with the Google Pixelbook Pen and the new Pixel Slate Keyboard. The latter snaps in via magnets, with typewriter-like rounded keys, and doubles as a protective case.
Going back to the machine itself, the Pixel Slate brags a 12.3-inch Molecular Display with a 3000 x 2000 resolution. That screen, partnered with its dual front-facing speakers, makes it a good entertainment device.
The Google Pixel Slate can be configured with an Intel Celeron up to an 8th-Gen Intel Core i7 processor. The memory configuration ranges from 8GB up to 16GB with the storage capacity maxing up at 256GB.
Being a Google-made device, expect to experience all of the online productivity features that the company is offering in all their other platforms. For one, the Google Assistant comes built-in. Also, Google’s document apps are heavily integrated, so you can easily work and collaborate with your colleagues.
See also: Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL
And speaking of working together, the Pixel Slate has a wide-angle front-facing camera, which Google is calling Duo Cam, so you can fit more people on the frame that’s really handy during conference calls.
Lastly, the Google Pixel Slate prioritizes security as it comes with a fingerprint scanner, a dedicated Titan M security chip for password protection, and will get timely security patches from Google.
Google Pixel Slate Specs
- Chrome OS
- 12.3-inch Molecular Display, 3000 x 2000 pixel resolution, ~293ppi
- 72% NTSC, 400-nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Intel Celeron Processor (4GB/32GB, 8GB/64GB)
- Intel 8th-Gen Core M3 processor (8GB/64GB)
- Intel 8th-Gen Core i5 processor (8GB/128GB)
- Intel 8th-Gen Core i7 processor (16GB/64GB)
- 8-megapixel Duo Cam front camera, f/1.9, wide-angle
- 8-megapixel rear camera, autofocus, f/1.8
- Pixel Imprint fingerprint scanner
- Dual front speakers
- Titan C security chip
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2×3 MIMO, dual-band
- Bluetooth 4.2
- 2x USB Type-C (4K display output)
- Dimensions: 290.9 x 202 x 7mm
- Weight: 721g
- Color: Midnight Blue
- 48Wh battery, Fast charging
The base model (Intel Celeron) for the Google Pixel Slate will have a starting price of USD599 (~Php32,500) while the top-of-the-line (Intel Core i7) variant will begin at USD1,599 (~Php86,700).