Someone dropped a bomb on Weibo again. This time, it’s a Xiaomi Redmi 5 leak. This is just a few days before the upcoming Redmi Note 5A also leaked on the same website.
The post shows a possible marketing material for the rumored Xiaomi Redmi 5, the expected follow-up to last year’s Redmi 4. The graphic reveals the renders of the actual device, almost the complete specs that it will come with it, and even the pricing.
It is written that the Redmi 5 will come with a Snapdragon 625 and 630 variants. The RAM and storage capacities can go up to 4GB and 64GB of eMMC3.1, respectively. It is also expected to run on the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat, partnered with the company’s MIUI 9.0.
Unfortunately, it wouldn’t boast a dual-camera setup, but it will still have a 16-megapixel sensor at the back, with a 5-megapixel shooter in front. There’s also a 3680mAh battery inside, a questionable downgrade from the Redmi 4’s 4100mAh. But on a brighter note, it does support Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 leaked specs
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat, MIUI 9.0
- 5-inch FHD IPS display, 1920 x 1080 resolution, ~441ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 (2GHz) / 630 (2.2GHz) octa-core processor
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- eMMC 5.1 flash memory (64GB variant only)
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 16-megapixel rear camera, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- 3G, 4G LTE
- 3680mAh battery, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3
Xiaomi Redmi 5 rumored price list
- Snapdragon 625, 3GB RAM, 16GB storage – CNY859 (around Php6,400)
- Snapdragon 625, 3GB RAM, 32GB storage – CNY1,039 (around Php7,700)
- Snapdragon 630, 3GB RAM, 32GB storage – CNY1,099 (around Php8,200)
- Snapdragon 630, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage – CNY1,299 (around Php9,700)
We still have to wait for Xiaomi’s official announcement to confirmthis informationn. From now one, let’s just hope that we’ll get the word from them really soon.