A new Huawei phone is expected to come out of Europe. It’s the baby brother of the company’s P-series flagship line, the Huawei P40 Lite 5G.
Compared to the 4G-only model, the P40 Lite 5G comes with a more powerful Kirin 820 5G processor, from the Kirin 810. The display is also a bit larger at 6.5-inches (from 6.4-inches), but it’s still an IPS panel.
The design is a bit different and now more matching with the Huawei P40 and P40 Pro. There’s the quad-camera setup on a vertical orientation. It’s led by a 64-megapixel main shooter and 8-megapixel ultra-wide.
A 4,000mAh battery is included, with a flagship-level 40W SuperCharge support. Of course, it goes without saying that the P40 Lite 5G doesn’t have GMS and will solely rely on Huawei’s own HMS ecosystem.
The price and availability of the Huawei P40 Lite 5G are yet to be announced. But to give you a perspective, the base Huawei P40 flagship has a price of Php36,990 in the Philippines. The Lite model will be much cheaper than that, possibly in the sub-Php20k range.
Huawei P40 Lite 5G Specs
- Android 10, EMUI 10.1
- Dual SIM, Dual-Stanby
- 6.5-inch LTPS IPS LCD display, 1080×2400 pixelspixel resolution, ~405ppi
- 2.36GHz Kirin 820 5G octa-core processor
- Mali-G57 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB internal storage
- 16-megapixel (f/2.0) front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (ultra wide) + 2-megapixel (depth) + 2-megapixel (macro), PDAF, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- 5G, 4G LTE, HSPA+
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C, USB On-The-Go
- Dimensions: 162.3 x 75 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 189g
- Colors: Black, Red, Purple, Green, Silver
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 40W Huawei SuperCharge