Alongside the Nokia 5.1 Plus, the new Nokia 6.1 Plus has also been officially launched in the Philippines.
The Nokia 6.1 Plus is now available for pre-order until October 16 for a price of Php15,990. As a bonus, Nokia has partnered with Philippine Airlines and will be giving away two (2) free local travel vouchers with a total worth of Php1,000 for every pre-order units.
With that price tag, the Nokia 6.1 Plus is geared to be another great contender in the midrange category. This slab of glass and metal uses Corning Gorilla Glass on front and back, and an aluminum frame that holds everything together.
Right on front, there’s a 5.8-inch FHD+ IPS screen, complete with a notch on top and a sizable chin that houses the Nokia logo. A 16-megapixel selfie camera is found on the top, while at the back there’s a 16-megapixel + 5-megapixel dual camera affair.
The camera system also features the usual novelties like face filters and AI-scene detection.
Under the hood, there’s a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 octa-core processor that serves as the main brain. There’s also a 4GB of RAM for multitasking and 64GB of expandable storage for all your apps and other media.
The Nokia 6.1 Plus runs on Android 8.1 Oreo. But thanks to Android One, the Android 9 Pie update for this device is already on its way.
Nokia 6.1 Plus Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo (Android One)
- Dual Nano SIM, Dual-standby, Hybrid
- 5.8-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2280 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~435ppi
- 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 octa-core processor
- Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 400GB via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 16-megapixel (f/2.0) + 5-megapixel (monochrome, f/2.2) dual rear cameras, PDAF, dual-LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 147.2 x 71 x 8.6 mm
- Colors: White, Black, Blue
- 3,060mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0