POCO has finally broken its hiatus with the official reveal of the new POCO X2.
While it’s considered as a new phone, the POCO X2 is actually just a rebranded Redmi K30. But that’s to be expected, as the brand itself confirmed it with a teaser a couple of days ago.
Previously, POCO was believed to launch the successor of the popular Pocophone F1 this month. However, the company denied the rumors and said that they will launch a completely different phone.
POCO X2’s main highlight is its 6.67-inch Full HD+ display with 120Hz refresh rate. It runs on the Android 10-based MIUI 11 with POCO launcher pre-installed and it’s powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 730G SoC. In addition, the handset has a 4,500mAh battery capacity and 27W fast charging.
POCO X2 Specs
- Android 10, MIUI 11
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (Hybrid)
- 6.67-inch FHD+ LCD display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~394ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5, HDR 10, 120Hz refresh rate
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- Adreno 618 GPU
- 64GB/128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, expandable up to 256GB
- 20-megapixel + 2-megapixel punch-hole front cameras
- 64-megapixel (f/1.9) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, PDAF, dual-tone flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Super Linear speakers
- 4G LTE, VoLTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, BDS, Glonass, Galileo
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 165.3 x 76.6 x 8.79mm
- Weight: 208g
- Colors: Phoenix Red, Atlantis Blue, Matrix Purple
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery
There’s a quad-camera setup on the back of the POCO X2. It’s composed of a 64-megapixel Sony IMX686 main shooter, 2-megapixel macro, 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and 2-megapixel depth sensor lens. A 20-megapixel camera is also here for selfies.
The phone will be available in India beginning February 11, 2020.
POCO X2 Pricing
- 6GB/64GB: Rs 15,999 (~Php11,500)
- 6GB/128GB: Rs 16,999 (~Php12,200)
- 8GB/256GB: Rs 19,999 (~Php14,300)
We still don’t know if the POCO X2 will launch in the Philippines for now. But considering the F1’s massive success here in the country, there’s a huge possibility that POCO will bring it here soon.