Apple has finally made the red variant of the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus official.
During the same time last year, Apple revealed the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus in red. It was meant to be a charity move, as a certain portion of the sales of the phones will go to a fund for campaigns to fight AIDS and HIV in Africa.
The red iPhone 8 and 8 Plus will join the silver, gold, and space gray models announced in September last year. But unlike the previous iteration, the red variant now has a black face, which should look better with the red back panel compared to the old white front bezels.
iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Specs
- iOS 11
- 4.7-inch IPS Retina HD display, 1334 x 750 resolution, ~326ppi (iPhone 8)
- 5.5-inch IPS Retina HD display, 1920 x 1080 resolution, ~401ppi (iPhone 8 Plus)
- TrueTone display, Wide color gamut (P3), 3D Touch
- A11 Bionic chip, 64-bit, Neural Engine
- M11 motion coprocessor
- 7MP front camera, f/2.2
- 12MP rear camera, f/1.8 (iPhone 8)
- 12MP (wide-angle, f/1.8) + 12MP (telephoto, f/1.8) dual rear cameras (iPhone 8 Plus)
- OIS, Quad-LED flash
- 4k @ 60fps, 1080p @ 30fps/60fps/120fps/240fps
- 64GB/256GB internal storage
- Fingerprint scanner
- IP67 splash, water, and dust resistant
- 4G LTE, HSPA+
- WiFi, WiFi hotspot
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS
- Dimensions: 138.4 x 67.3 x 7.3mm (iPhone 8), 158.4 x 78.1 x 7.5mm (iPhone 8 Plus)
- Weight: 148g (iPhone 8), 202g (iPhone 8 Plus)
- Gold, Silver, Space Gray
- Wireless charging, Qi compatible
- Talk time: 14 hours, Video playback: 13 hours (iPhone 8)
- Talk time: 21 hours, Video playback: 14 hours (iPhone 8 Plus)
Apple is already taking pre-orders for the phones. The company says that customers should start getting their red iPhones beginning April 13. Pricing is unchanged, with the iPhone 8 starting at $699. Check out the official pricing of the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus in the Philippines here.