Honor will release a Special Edition of its budget gaming smartphone in black and in red versions.
This special edition of Honor Play will let you enjoy superb aesthetics with attractive back design that features engraved lines. In addition to this, red accents for the rear camera and fingerprint scanner can also be noticed.
Honor Play houses an added AI photography system which provides five kinds of portrait lighting effects for both rear and front cameras. For gaming buffs out there, Honor Play also has a GPU Turbo built-in for better gaming performance.
Honor Play Special Edition Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, EMUI 8.2
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (Hybrid)
- 6.3-inch Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio Display, 2340 × 1080 pixel resolution, ~409ppi
- 2.4GHz HiSilicon Kirin 970 octa-core processor
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 16-megapixel (f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (f/2.4) rear cameras with PDAF, Dual tone LED flash
- 16-megapixel (f/2.0, 2.0µm) front camera, 3D Portrait Lighting
- HSPA+, 4G, LTE, VoLTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi hotspot, Dual-band
- Bluetooth, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- USB Type-C
- Fingerprint sensor
- Histen audio
- Dimensions: 157.9 x 74.3 x 7.5 mm
- Weight: 176 g
- 3,750mAh non-removable battery with fast charging
Honor Play Special Edition will be available for a price of CNY 2,499 (~Php19,500 / USD366) on Huawei’s online store in China.
Since Honor is set to launch the Honor Play in the Philippines this August, we’re hoping that they will also bring this special edition variant here.