Omdia, a market research firm, has released a list of the most shipped smartphone in 2020.
Like year before, the top ten most shipped smartphones in 2020 came from three brands: Apple, Samsung, and Xiaomi.
The list is topped by the iPhone 11. The most shipped smartphone of 2020 has 64.8 million units on the tally. It’s followed by the budget-friendly iPhone SE 2020 with 24.2 million units and iPhone 12 with 23.3 million.
In fact, Apple dominated the list with five entries. There’s the latest iPhone 12 Pro Max with 16.8 million at number seven and the iPhone 12 mini at number ten — that’s even though both models only became available in October.
Samsung managed to put four Galaxy devices on the list. However, flagships like the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy S21 series didn’t make it.
Instead, entry-level and mid-range devices are the biggest money-makers for the South Korean tech giant. There’s the Galaxy A51 at number five with 23.2 million units, making it the most shipped Android phone for 2020.
It’s followed by the Galaxy A21s with 19.4 million, Galaxy A01 with 16.9 million, and the Galaxy A11 with 15.3 million at number five, six, and eight.
Xiaomi managed to make it to the top list with its lone entry, the Redmi Note 9 Pro, with 15 million units shipped, placing it at the ninth spot. You can check the list below.
Top 10 most shipped smartphones in 2020
- iPhone 11 (64.8 million units)
- iPhone SE 2020 (24.2 million units)
- iPhone 12 (23.3 million units)
- Samsung Galaxy A51 (23.2 million units)
- Samsung Galaxy A21s (19.4 million units)
- Samsung Galaxy A01 (16.9 million units)
- iPhone 12 Pro Max (16.8 million units)
- Samsung Galaxy A11 (15.3 million units)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro (15 million units)
- iPhone 12 mini (14.8 million units)